Saturday, March 24, 2012

Tasting--Estrella Chardonnay 2010

The Wine


Name: Estrella

Variety: Chardonnay

Region: North America (Napa, CA)

Country: USA

Year: 2010

Price: $5.95 (Vintage Cellar)





Vintage Cellar Review

"Intensely flavored and balanced with layers of vanilla, butter and pear, followed by apple, banana and oak."


My Review

For a chardonnay, I found this wine good. Let me clarify--I do not like chardonnays...at all. I generally try to stay as far away from them as possible when I do the choosing. This chardonnay,however, I considered buying. The nose of the wine did not have that horribly faint piss smell most chardonnays do. Instead, the nose of this wine was of canned pears and strawberry, like a canned fruit salad. The palate of the wine was strawberry on the forefront, fading into a mellow mid-palate of banana. The finish of the wine was candy, think if Starburst had a strawberry banana fusion flavor. It had just enough bite at the end to keep it from being too sweet. For the price range and the variety, you really couldn't get a more pleasing wine. This is sure to be an inexpensive crowd pleaser-- a win-win, if you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment